- Fuel Cell R&D funding for Motorhomes
Mon, Nov 6th 2017
- New: Sinclair Motorhome Air conditioning
Wed, Oct 11th 2017
- Why Mobile Satellite Internet is so useful
Tue, Oct 3rd 2017
- Five benefits of Cruise Control Kits
Tue, Oct 3rd 2017
- Five Reasons to Get Mobile Satellite Internet
Mon, Aug 7th 2017
- The Benefits of Performance Chips for Trucks
Fri, Jul 14th 2017
- Low cost, High Power Vehicle Air Conditioning
Fri, Jun 30th 2017
- Clark Mast, EP Hydraulics and One Huge Window!
Tue, Jun 27th 2017
- STEINBAUER Performance for Agricultural Machinery
Wed, Jun 7th 2017
VB SemiAir for Fiat Ducato 2006> (X250/X290)
VB SemiAir is an Assistive Air Spring, installed in place of the vehicle bump-stop, to help maintain minimum ride height and suspension travel.
- TUV tested and type approved for PFC Chassis
- For Commercial and Motorhome/Campervan using Fiat Ducato 06> chassis
- Increases suspension travel to maintain ride height
- Can improve ride comfort and road handling (if set correctly)
- Level off-centre loads
- Can be installed with on-board compressor for height adjustments (Comfort kit – See options below)
Available for DIY, installation by local mechanic or by Conrad Anderson. Vehicle specific dash and seat base panel options available for switches and gauges - supplied with comfort kit for X250/290 chassis. Base Kit with Twin Gauges includes a universal mounting plate.
Standard installation includes - compressor mounted under driver's seat, switches and gauges in either the seat base or dash (drivers side coin tray), power directly from engine battery. Any variation on this will be subject to a vehicle inspection. Base kit only installation charged at £200 - refund applied on day of installation.
VB SemiAir is an ideal addition to any commercial van or motorhome which is consistently heavily laden. It is an air assist which will return the ride height to where the manufacturer intended it to be, rather than down on the bump stops. This means your suspension will last longer and save you money in the long run.
VB SemiAir kits use the maximum size of airbag available (given vehicle space constraints). The Peugeot/Fiat/Citroen chassis uses an 8in airbag which reduces the internal air pressure and wear on the bag, enabling the unit to last far longer without replacement. The lift attained on the suspension positions the shock absorber at the optimum height and therefore improves damping.
Fitted with the comfort kit it allows the driver to adjust the ride height, this enables adjustment on the ride comfort, reduce vehicle roll and level off-centre loads.
- Better stability
- Spring force can be varied
- Good Value
- Body and load will be protected against damage
- Heavy loads are no longer visible from the outside (less sagging)
- Shock absorbers will work less and, therefore last longer
In the box
Airbags, Brackets, clamps, nuts & Bolts, Pipes with Schrader valves & split conduit.
Base Kit with twin gauges:
All of the above +
2x pressure gauges and T-piece air pipe fittings
All of the above +
Compressor with brackets and fixtures
2x paddle switches and gauges are supplied with a vehicle specific installation panel for the X250/290 chassis.
- Access to rear axle and leaf springs required.
- Remove rear suspension bumpstop and install airbag using supplied U-bolt brackets and fixings.
- Base kit – decide where schrader valves are to be positioned, this could be externally or in the cab area.
- Comfort Pack – switches and gauges fit either in the front dash or on the drivers seat base, the compressor is generally installed under the drivers seat. Some motorhomes have batteries and chargers in this location so an alternate location must be sought.
- Run pipes to required location, add split conduit at any points where friction may occur
- Comfort pack - Run battery cable with fuse & fuse holder on live connection.
Tools Required for installation
General Workshop tools
Method of gaining access to the underside of the vehicle, lifts or inspection pits willl make the job easier and quicker, but jacking the vehicle onto axle stands will surfice as long as you don’t mind working on your back :-)
Some mechanical knowledge of the vehicle suspension.
Knowledge of compressed air system installation would help.
Pay attention to safety when lifting vehicles.
Will installing VB SemiAir affect the vehicle warranty?
VB SemiAir is fully TUV tested and type approved for the Fiat Ducato, Peugeot Boxer and Citroen Relay (and all vehicles for which there is a VB SemiAir kit manufactured), as long as it is installed correctly it will not affect the vehicle warranty. If in doubt Conrad Anderson provide a professional installation service.