- Fuel Cell R&D funding for Motorhomes
Mon, Nov 6th 2017
- New: Sinclair Motorhome Air conditioning
Wed, Oct 11th 2017
- Why Mobile Satellite Internet is so useful
Tue, Oct 3rd 2017
- Five benefits of Cruise Control Kits
Tue, Oct 3rd 2017
- Five Reasons to Get Mobile Satellite Internet
Mon, Aug 7th 2017
- The Benefits of Performance Chips for Trucks
Fri, Jul 14th 2017
- Low cost, High Power Vehicle Air Conditioning
Fri, Jun 30th 2017
- Clark Mast, EP Hydraulics and One Huge Window!
Tue, Jun 27th 2017
- STEINBAUER Performance for Agricultural Machinery
Wed, Jun 7th 2017
Speed Limiter - Land Rover Defender TD4 2007>
Vehicle Specific Speed Limiter for Land Rover Defender TD4 2007>
- Reduce fuel spend
- Reduce vehicle wear and tear
- Eliminate Speeding
- Installation service by Conrad Anderson available, DIY Install or ask your local garage/fleet supplier
- TUV Tested and approved
Relative difficulty rating:
- Average installation time - 2 hours
- Physical accessibilty -
- Wiring accessibility -
- Setup -
The Conrad Anderson Speed limiter system is ideal for end users and fleet operators alike; whether you want to reduce vehicle wear and tear, improve fuel consumption or avoid any more speeding tickets.
Conrad Anderson offer a professional fitting service at our headquarters in Birmingham. Generally speed limiters take around 2hours to install depending on the vehicle make, model and year. Some vehicles can take longer depending on the physical & electronic accessibility.
In the box
speed limiter computer ? pre-programmed for your vehicle
Computer wiring loom - for power and vehicle speed pulse, brake switch or CANBUS connection.
T-Harness - plug in connection to the throttle pedal
General installation process - Land Rover Defender TD4 2007>
The access required is under the dashboard - remove the knee-trim. Some vehicles require access to other areas such as the passenger side knee trim or back of the radio.
Use soldered joints for the connections.
Brake switch connections are usually found at the top of the brake pedal, but on some vehicles the location for connection has been found along the loom and well away from the switch.
The +ve feed can be accessed from a few places in the vehicle we have found the best location is the main feed for the ignition key. Some care must be taken to make sure the +ve feed used is free from interference - the above location is advised as the best way to avoid this.
The vehicle speed pulse can be found in a variety of different locations and it is more difficult to find than by just probing wires with a multimeter - we will give the location of this connection with the order - according to the latest information in our vehicle database.
The earth connection is not required as it uses the earth connection through the throttle pedal.
Unplug the throttle pedal connector and place the T-harness inline. Connect the other end to the cruise computer.
Install the command module to the steering column cowling - make sure you mark where the best position is before the trim is removed. Run the cabling and connect into the main computer loom.
The setup procedure is very simple - does not require any extra equipment and takes around 20 minutes to road test. Step-by-step instructions are included which detail the following steps:
Static - while vehicle is stationary
- Pedal setup - allows the Speed Limiter to learn the throttle pedal signals, so that it can intercept the signal once maximum speed is acheived.
- Diagnostic - allows the system to check the installed connections (brake switch signal and speed pulse. (Speed pulse is monitored when the vehicle is driven in diagnostic mode)
- Speed pulse setup - allows the speed limiter to learn the vehicle speed pulse.
If you have any difficulties with your speed limiter installation please contact the technical support team on 08002790085
Will the aftermarket speed limiter affect my vehicle warranty?
No. Conrad Anderson supply and install speed limiters for most of the main dealerships in the UK, covering the vast majority of the vehicle manufacturers. We recommend that the installation is completed by an auto electrician just to put the installation beyond question. Any issue which is believed to be linked to the speed limiter installation can be proved one way or the other by removing the fuse from the main cruise computer wiring loom and removing the T-Harness from the pedal.
Tools required for installation
Soldering iron & Solder
Specialist torx and other bits usually required to remove vehicle trim.
General screwdrivers and spanners
Installing a speed limiter is very similar to installing a vehicle alarm system. See the general installation process above for an idea of what is involved - the main requirements are:
- Remove & Refit vehicle trim
- Soldering electrical joints
- Basic 12v electrics - Using voltage meters to locate 12v switching wires
- Routing cables away from moving parts
Vehicle Changeover year
Vehicles manufactured or registered around a changeover year will need to be looked at in detail to make sure the correct version of the speed limiter is selected.
If your vehicle is 2007 and listed in our website product description as 2007-2011, there could be a difference in the specification - this could be down to the following possibilities:
A 2007 registered vehicle could be a 2006 (or earlier) build year.
Vehicle manufacturers sometimes use 'hybrid' throttle pedal solutions between model changes, the vehicle may look the same but have different throttle pedal connections.
To check which speed limiter is correct look at the throttle pedal connection on the vehicle and compare it with the T-Harness connections on the product photo above.