- Fuel Cell R&D funding for Motorhomes
Mon, Nov 6th 2017
- New: Sinclair Motorhome Air conditioning
Wed, Oct 11th 2017
- Why Mobile Satellite Internet is so useful
Tue, Oct 3rd 2017
- Five benefits of Cruise Control Kits
Tue, Oct 3rd 2017
- Five Reasons to Get Mobile Satellite Internet
Mon, Aug 7th 2017
- The Benefits of Performance Chips for Trucks
Fri, Jul 14th 2017
- Low cost, High Power Vehicle Air Conditioning
Fri, Jun 30th 2017
- Clark Mast, EP Hydraulics and One Huge Window!
Tue, Jun 27th 2017
- STEINBAUER Performance for Agricultural Machinery
Wed, Jun 7th 2017
Blog Articles > Rear Wall Dometic SP950 on Ex Army truck
Fri, Mar 15th 2013
Rear Wall Waeco SP950 Air Conditioning on Ex-Army Truck
Check out this pimped out ex-army truck!
The truck has been converted into a motorhome and has been kitted out in preparation for a round the world tour. Some bumpy terrain may be on the horizon judging by the state of those wheels!
We were asked to install an air conditioning unit into the cab area of the truck. Unlike a typical motorhome the cab is entirely separate from the habitation area of the truck and it uses 24v instead of 12v so we looked at the Waeco range of truck air conditioning.
Waeco do a roof mounted option called CA850 but this truck has a seriously solid roof rack over the cab area so that idea was a no goer. The other unit available is a split rear wall system called SP950, this has the fan outlets on the inner rear wall with a separate condenser on the outside rear wall of the truck's cab.
There is nothing standard about this truck so we were unable to take advantage of the wide range of vehicle specific mounting kits (available for the vast majority of trucks). For those occasions where there isn't a mounting plate designed for the job there are some universal kits available which is what had to use in this instance.