- Fuel Cell R&D funding for Motorhomes
Mon, Nov 6th 2017
- New: Sinclair Motorhome Air conditioning
Wed, Oct 11th 2017
- Why Mobile Satellite Internet is so useful
Tue, Oct 3rd 2017
- Five benefits of Cruise Control Kits
Tue, Oct 3rd 2017
- Five Reasons to Get Mobile Satellite Internet
Mon, Aug 7th 2017
- The Benefits of Performance Chips for Trucks
Fri, Jul 14th 2017
- Low cost, High Power Vehicle Air Conditioning
Fri, Jun 30th 2017
- Clark Mast, EP Hydraulics and One Huge Window!
Tue, Jun 27th 2017
- STEINBAUER Performance for Agricultural Machinery
Wed, Jun 7th 2017
Speed Limiter - Citroen Xsara Picasso 2006> (5 pin)
Vehicle Specific Speed Limiter for Citroen Xsara Picasso 2006> (5 pin)
- Speed and Rev Limiter built-in
- Reduce fuel spend
- Reduce vehicle wear and tear
- Eliminate Speeding
- Installation service by Conrad Anderson available, DIY Install or ask your local garage/fleet supplier
- Pre-Installed software with vehicle data for easy and quick installation
- TUV Tested and approved
Relative difficulty rating:
- Average installation time - 1.5 hours
- Physical accessibilty - Relatively easy
- Wiring accessibility - Access to connections a little challenging
- Setup - No setup necessary, just a short road test to check functionality.
The Conrad Anderson Speed and Rev limiter system is ideal for end users and fleet operators alike; whether you want to reduce vehicle wear and tear, improve fuel consumption or avoid any more speeding tickets.
Conrad Anderson offer a professional fitting service at our headquarters in Birmingham. Generally speed limiters take around 2-3 hours to install depending on the vehicle make, model and year. Some vehicles can take longer depending on the physical & electronic accessibility.
In the box
speed limiter computer - preprogrammed for your vehicle
Computer wiring loom - for power and vehicle speed pulse, brake switch, clutch switch or CANBUS connection.
T-Harness - plug in connection to the throttle pedal
Command module - a setup module is required for a speed limiter installation, choose the option above if you want to do the installation yourself or have it done you your local garage
speed limiter safety features:
General installation process - for Citroen Xsara Picasso 2006> (5 pin)
The access required is under the dashboard - remove the knee-trim.
Use soldered joints for the +ve and CANBUS connections. These are found in the OBD or Data link connector.
Unplug the throttle pedal connector and place the T-harness inline. Connect the other end to the cruise computer.
Connect the setup module to the main loom ? only required for the setup procedure
The setup procedure is very simple and takes around 10-20 minutes.
The information to communicate with the vehicle is preinstalled by Conrad Anderson so all that is required is to allow the vehicle to access the information.
Take the vehicle on a short drive and use the cruise to make sure it is working correctly.
If you have any difficulties with your speed limiter installation please contact the technical support team on 08002790085
Will the aftermarket speed limiter affect my vehicle warranty?
No. Conrad Anderson supply and install speed limiters for most of the main dealerships in the UK, covering the vast majority of the vehicle manufacturers. We recommend that the installation is completed by an auto electrician just to put the installation beyond question. Any issue which is believed to be linked to the speed limiter installation can be proved one way or the other by removing the fuse from the main cruise computer wiring loom and removing the T-Harness from the pedal.
Tools required for installation
Soldering iron & Solder
Specialist torx and other bits usually required to remove vehicle trim.
General screwdrivers and spanners
Installing a speed limiter is very similar to installing a vehicle alarm system. See the general installation process above for an idea of what is involved - the main requirements are:
- Remove & Refit vehicle trim
- Soldering electrical joints
- Basic 12v electrics - Using voltage meters to locate 12v switching wires
- Routing cables away from moving parts
Vehicle Changeover year
Vehicles manufactured or registered around a changeover year will need to be looked at in detail to make sure the correct version of the speed limiter is selected.
If your vehicle is 2007 and listed in our website product description as 2007-2011, there could be a difference in the specification - this could be down to the following possibilities:
A 2007 registered vehicle could be a 2006 (or earlier) build year.
Vehicle manufacturers sometimes use 'hybrid' throttle pedal solutions between model changes, the vehicle may look the same but have different throttle pedal connections.
To check which speed limiter is correct look at the throttle pedal connection on the vehicle and compare it with the T-Harness connections on the product photo above.