- New: Sinclair Motorhome Air conditioning
Wed, Oct 11th 2017
- Why Mobile Satellite Internet is so useful
Tue, Oct 3rd 2017
- Five benefits of Cruise Control Kits
Tue, Oct 3rd 2017
- Five Reasons to Get Mobile Satellite Internet
Mon, Aug 7th 2017
- The Benefits of Performance Chips for Trucks
Fri, Jul 14th 2017
- Low cost, High Power Vehicle Air Conditioning
Fri, Jun 30th 2017
- Clark Mast, EP Hydraulics and One Huge Window!
Tue, Jun 27th 2017
- STEINBAUER Performance for Agricultural Machinery
Wed, Jun 7th 2017
- STEINBAUER Performance Can Boost Your Motorhome
Mon, May 15th 2017
Cruise Control - Fiat Ducato Multi-jet 2006 -2011
Vehicle Specific Cruise Control for Fiat Ducato Multi-jet 2006 -2011
- Pre-Installed software with vehicle data for easy and quick installation
- TUV Tested and approved
- Choice of command modules
- Installation service by Conrad Anderson available, DIY Install or ask your local garage
- Cruise Control and Speed limiter in one unit
Relative difficulty rating:
- Average installation time - 3+ hours
- Physical accessibilty - Relatively easy
- Wiring accessibility - Access to connections a little challenging
- Setup - No setup necessary, just a short road test to check functionality.
- If your vehicle is a motorhome or fully laden commercial vehicle the system may need some extra setting up to adjust for the extra weight during acceleration
Cruise control is a very useful product for driver comfort and safety of the vehicle and passengers. Not only is the system a cruise control (holds any speed at the touch of a button), it is also a driver-set speed limiter (driver chooses a maximum speed according to the road conditions - the vehicle can be driven at any speed under the set speed) and a top-end speed limiter (top speed limit is set upon installation and prevents the vehicle from being driven above that speed); In our view, everyone should have one. So the next question is ""how do you go about purchasing and installing one?""
Conrad Anderson offer a professional fitting service at our headquarters in Birmingham. Generally cruise controls take around 2-3 hours to install depending on the vehicle make, model and year. Some vehicles can take longer depending on the physical & electronic accessibility.
In the box
Cruise control computer - preprogrammed for your vehicle
Computer wiring loom - for power and vehicle speed pulse, brake switch, clutch switch or CANBUS connection.
T-Harness - plug in connection to the throttle pedal
Command module - GC3 standard stalk, with option at purchase to have GC4 or GC5
Cruise control safety features:
- Cruise control must detect resistance across the brake circuit before operation can commence - if the brake lights or brake switch is faulty the cruise will not work.
- If the the speed increases or decreases more than 15% of the set speed during operation the cruise control will automatically deactivate e.g. If driving up a steep hill and the vehicle cannot maintain the set speed in the current gear.
- The throttle pedal connection only affects the working of the vehicle when the cruise control power is turned on. When the cruise control is turned off the pedal signals are unchanged allowing the throttle pedal to operate normally.
- Deactivation when brake is applied.
- Deactivation when clutch is applied.
General installation process - for Fiat Ducato Multi-jet 2006 -2011
The access required is under the dashboard and the steering column - remove the knee-trim and the steering column cowling.
Use soldered joints for the +ve and CANBUS connections. These are found in the OBD or Data link connector.
Unplug the the throttle pedal connector and place the T-harness inline. Connect the other end to the cruise computer.
Install the command module to the steering column cowling - make sure you mark where the best position is before the trim is removed. Run the cabling and connect into the main computer loom.
The setup procedure is very simple - does not require any extra equipment and takes around 10-20 minutes. The information to communicate with the vehicle is preinstalled by Conrad anderson so all that is required is to allow the vehicle to access the information.
Take the vehicle on a short drive and use the cruise to make sure it is working correctly. Some modified body or high payload vehicles may require some adjustment to make sure the speed is kept constant and the acceleration rate suitable.
Command module functions
GC3 is the basic stalk included in the product price. This includes all the basic functions
Set current speed
Increase and decrease speed
Coast - deactivates cruise (brake and clutch pedal will do the same)
Resume - re activates the cruise at the previous speed
The alternative command modules include all of these functions with additional preset speed memory buttons. These speeds can be changed at any time but are non-volatile, so they remain set even after the ignition is turned off.
GC4 - 2 preset memories
GC5 - 3 preset memories (new design)
Command module installation
The stalk command modules are bolted to the steering column cowling with the wiring running through the centre of the hollow mounting bolt to the main computer wiring loom. The wires are supplied non-terminated to allow them to be run through the drilled cowling, the connector is then connected to the pre-pinned cables. Care must be taken to mount the module in a location with enough space to the rear of the cowling for the securing nut and flanged washer, the final position of the stalk is adjustable using the integral ball joint.
The diagnostic procedure will identify the most common issues , if the cruise does not activate do this first.
- Command module won't light up - check power supply, main fuse
- Cruise control won't activate - module indicator light does not change from green to red - check the brake connection using diagnostic mode.
- Check the brake lights are operational. This is one of the cruise control safety features - must detect resistance across the brake circuit.
If you have any difficulties with your cruise control installation please contact the technical support team on 08002790085
Will aftermarket cruise control affect my vehicle warranty?
No. Conrad Anderson supply and install cruise controls for most of the main dealerships in the UK, covering the vast majority of the vehicle manufacturers. We recommend that the installation is completed by an auto electrician just to put the installation beyond question. Any issue which is believed to be linked to the cruise control installation can be proved one way or the other by removing the fuse from the main cruise computer wiring loom and removing the T-Harness from the pedal.
Tools required for installation
Soldering iron & Solder
Specialist torx and other bits usually required to remove vehicle trim.
General screwdrivers and spanners
Installing a cruise control is very similar to installing a vehicle alarm system. See the general installation process above for an idea of what is involved - the main requirements are:
- Remove & Refit vehicle trim
- Soldering electrical joints
- Basic 12v electrics - Using voltage meters to locate 12v switching wires
- Routing cables away from moving parts
Vehicle Changeover year
Vehicles manufactured or registered around a changeover year will need to be looked at in detail to make sure the correct version of the cruise control is selected.
If your vehicle is 2007 and listed in our website product description as 2007-2011, there could be a difference in the specification - this could be down to the following possibilities:
A 2007 registered vehicle could be a 2006 (or earlier) build year.
Vehicle manufacturers sometimes use 'hybrid' throttle pedal solutions between model changes, the vehicle may look the same but have different throttle pedal connections.
To check which cruise control is correct look at the throttle pedal connection on the vehicle and compare it with the T-Harness connections on the product photo above.
- Conrad Anderson offer a service to uprate the GVW (Gross Vehicle Weight) of this vehicle. Depending on the current GVW on your vehicle we can supply and install the suspension upgrades and advise on any other required upgrade. Please contact us for details of the required solution.
- Conrad Anderson can supply and install the STEINBAUER Performance module for this vehicle, increasing the available power and torque by 20%, please contact our sales team for information.