- Fuel Cell R&D funding for Motorhomes
Mon, Nov 6th 2017
- New: Sinclair Motorhome Air conditioning
Wed, Oct 11th 2017
- Why Mobile Satellite Internet is so useful
Tue, Oct 3rd 2017
- Five benefits of Cruise Control Kits
Tue, Oct 3rd 2017
- Five Reasons to Get Mobile Satellite Internet
Mon, Aug 7th 2017
- The Benefits of Performance Chips for Trucks
Fri, Jul 14th 2017
- Low cost, High Power Vehicle Air Conditioning
Fri, Jun 30th 2017
- Clark Mast, EP Hydraulics and One Huge Window!
Tue, Jun 27th 2017
- STEINBAUER Performance for Agricultural Machinery
Wed, Jun 7th 2017
Product Guides > IU Charging Converters
Mon, Feb 11th 2013
Full battery charge-up on the move
Many vehicle owners expect the leisure batteries to be fully charged while driving. When the battery is beginning to fail, however, they have to realise that quite often it does not work that way. The reason is insufficient cabling as frequently encountered in caravans.
Electronics specialist WAECO has developed a neat solution for this problem now: the new PerfectCharge IU charging converter, available in three performance categories.
The IU charging converter is simply integrated into the wiring of the starter and consumer batteries. Raising the charging voltage to 14.2 volts, it ensures optimal charging during the drive.
The converter can be switched on or off by an external control signal, e.g. the +D from the generator or you can also use a relay.
Moreover, the charging converter stabilises the voltage supply. This makes it ideal for sensitive 12-volt consumers (e.g. navigation systems, LCD monitors), which require a constant and stable voltage.
To benefit from the stabilising effect, the IU charging converter is integrated into the supply cord of the consumer. The unit compensates over- and undervoltage in a range
between 8 and 16 volts, thus preventing failure of or damage to the appliance.